Monday, April 22, 2013

a night at the symphony

On Saturday I performed with the Salt Lake Symphony at Libby Gardner Hall.  I played first harp on the Rumanian Rhapsody by Enesco and the Bartok Concerto for Orchestra.  I had played the Bartok before but   I had to combine both of the difficult harp parts and I was a freshman and the conductor was a jerk and made me cry it wasn't the greatest experience.

The performance on Saturday was fantastic.  I get such a rush from being on stage performing but I also feel confident in my playing and just so intensely focused in the moment.  While I do enjoy performing by myself, there's something surreal about being part of an ensemble/symphony etc.  Even the parts when I'm not playing, I love just sitting there and soaking it all in.  And it's the best feeling afterwards - when you know you played your best!  Here's a shout out to my parents and my handsome husband who are my biggest supporters!  After the concert we went and got frosties. :)






Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent. - Victor Hugo


1 comment:

  1. It's been a LONG time since I played with a symphony, but I remember that feeling! Soaking it all in--that's the best. Next time I wanna come hear you play! :)

    ReplyDelete