Wednesday, May 22, 2013

another texan summer

Greetings from Texas!

We are enjoying another summer in Texas for Dustin's job.  This is his 4th summer with Vivint. but this year he has a bunch of recruits and he is an assistant manager of the office so he is working harder than ever.  I can't believe we have already been here almost 3 weeks now!  We are currently in Beaumont (90 min east of Houston) but will be moving to another city in June.

We're living in an extended-stay hotel right now but when we move we will be living in apartments which I'm totally looking forward to - don't get me wrong, the hotel lifestyle ain't so bad, but it gets old after a while.  All of the single guys are living in the Marriott hotel next door which is nicer, so we go over there a lot to use their pool, bbq area, basketball court and to mooch off the free dinners they have Mon - Thurs.

I am so beyond grateful for my friend Emily!  (Her husband is also a sales rep and the other assistant manager this year - he has sold with Dustin every summer.)  Without her to hang out with I think I would go crazy being here alone all day.  We get together and try to do something fun every day - whether it's crafts, pool time, going to lunch, seeing a movie, watching sytycd or just going to Walmart haha.

It's also been fun having my brother Trevor and brother-in-law Stephen out here selling!  They are hilarious and fun to hang out with but are both off to a good start as "rookies".  I try to have them come over at least once a week for a home-cooked dinner (although I am limited - I only have a microwave and a stove-top).

Here's a few pics from our adventures so far:




Trevor turned 22!
I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22!!
 we celebrated by going to Chili's with a bunch of guys from the office




The B&N has a huge Texas section of course


Emily and I took a day trip to Houston last Saturday!  We went to the huge Galleria mall, ate at The Cheesecake Factory there, and then checked out the Houston temple!  It was gorgeous!






This was at one of the Saturday night office dinners.  I love this handsome hardworking husband of mine and am so proud of him!  We are excited for another successful summer in Texas!

3 comments:

  1. Way to work hard, Dustin! How fun to have some fam down there too. Beaumont- have you met the Eyres, Palmers, or the Webb's perhaps?? Are they in any of your wards? Let me know! The Houston temp looks gorgeous, glad Emily is such a good pal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the hotel life! Although the perks at the Marriott sound pretty nice...I'm sure you're excited to get more settled in your apartment! I can't believe your brother is 22...all our little siblings still feel like babies to me. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad you are settled in and that you have Emily...i will be forever grateful for her friendship to you! keep us updated...we sure do miss you and are excited to see you at the beginning of June! xo

    ReplyDelete