Monday, May 27, 2013

oklahoma

I really can't believe it's already Memorial Day!  I've been reflecting on those who have lost their lives for our freedom, and also thinking about my loved ones who have passed away.  I'm a little sad that I'm not able to go to the cemetery to visit my grandpa, which we normally do every year.

I've also been thinking about the people who were recently lost loved ones because of the tornado in Oklahoma.  When we heard about the huge tornado that hit Oklahoma, it hit close to home.  Dustin lived in Oklahoma City two summers ago and actually worked quite a bit in the city of Moore, which is where the tornado hit.  We were dating at the time (and then engaged), and I flew out a few times to visit.  He experienced a few tornado warnings but nothing major.  I am so grateful that he was safe, and so grateful that we weren't living there this summer!  This was such a tragic event that affected SO many people!  I can't even imagine what they are going through trying to sort through the wreckage and put their lives back together.  Our prayers go out to Oklahoma.

doodles at a restaurant in okc


driving home from okc with our matching "there's only one oklahoma" shirts


i bought this cute tank from helloapparelstore.com - all proceeds are going to the red cross!


a picture i took at the uss lexington in corpus christi last summer
happy memorial day!

No comments:

Post a Comment