Wednesday, July 17, 2013

texas fun

It was nice being in Utah for a few weeks, but it was sooo nice coming back home!  Reunions with your love are the best.  Dustin was so sweet and romantic about it too - he got a haircut, bought me flowers and my favorite blue bell ice cream, and took the next day off so we could just be together!  I am one lucky girl!

When I came back to Texas, the office had moved to Mission so that's where we are now!  If you're wondering where that is, it's basically Mexico.  I'm serious, I think the border is like 10 minutes from where we live.  It feels more like Mexico than Texas here.  Hot, humid, palm trees, 80% of the cars have Mexican plates, and 99.9% of the people here speak Spanish.  Some speak English as well.  Should be a reason for me to practice my Spanish, but for some reason I kind of just get annoyed that no one speaks English, I mean we're still in America people!  Ok enough ranting.  Our apartment is really nice, we have a nice pool here, and we're in a pretty nice area, considering.  We are super close to Wal-mart, HEB (kind of like Harmons), Target!, an outlet mall, and tons of restaurants.  And gas here is pretty cheap.

As always, we have fun wherever we are!  Just enjoying another summer adventure. :)

schlitterbahn!  a big water park on padre island.  pretty sweet because you never have to get out and stand in lines for slides.  there is a huge lazy river that you float around in that all the slides are connected to.  we went with another couple and all the single dudes here! oh my, and after we went and ate at this mexican restaurant that was right on the water. gorgeous.

sometimes i surprise him with cool treats.  mtn dew is his fav.

chewy!  my friend emily's dog.  

aw just look at that face!

emily had her golden birthday! 24 on the 24th! we celebrated by going to bj's and getting pizookies. i die for pizookies.

vivint gives back. every year every office does a day of service.  we picked up trash at a local park.  but mostly this is just me checking out dustin's butt instead of picking up trash haha.

hey stud!

we like each other





2 comments:

  1. we love bj's! and pizookies :)looks like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and sorry you were in an accident, but i'm glad you're ok!!!

    ReplyDelete