Monday, October 21, 2013

gothen album release

For the past year or so I have been playing the harp with a local band called Gothen - started by Evan Jolley who I have known since elementary school.  Evan raised money via kickstarter to make an album, which I had the privilege of recording with them back in February.  Such an awesome experience!  Just a few weeks ago, we had an album release show in Provo where we did all the tracks on the album.  I played on 4 of them and you can hear the harp really well!  but I seriously love the whole album.  Each track is unique and so full of different sounds, instruments (guitar, banjo, trumpet, harp, piano, drums, violins, flute, cello, sax), techniques etc.  I would describe the music as indie rock maybe, kind of folk like, and sometimes it reminds me of the Beatles.  The album is available on iTunes now if you want to check it out!

The concert was soooo fun!  And it was great having friends and family there to support me!  Evan and his brother are hanging out in Europe for a few months so it will be fun to see how that influences his next musical endeavors for the band.  Stay tuned.



















1 comment: