Tuesday, October 16, 2012

happy anniversary

Last week we celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary!  I can't believe it's been a year already, and yet at the same time it just feels like we've been married forever.  We are so happy and so in love!

Our anniversary was last Thursday - 10/11/12!  Dustin was on fall break so he didn't have school and I had to work but got off at 1:30.  (Normally on Thursday afternoons I leave work early to go play at the Grand, but I requested that day off from the Grand - I just didn't mention it to my boss. ;) )  My sweet husband brought me lunch and flowers at work!  

That afternoon, we went and did a session at the Draper Temple - where we were sealed.  That is my favorite temple!   It was touching being there and remembering our amazing sealing a year ago.  
Then Dustin surprised me and took me to the Roof restaurant in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  We had the best table in there with a perfect view of the temple.  And of course - that night we ate the rest of our frozen wedding cake!  And it was still moist and delicious!  We had the best cake at our wedding.  Seriously.  A little old lady from Murray made our cake - she is mostly retired, but she made our cake because we met with her and she liked us.  

Such a lovely anniversary!  I'm ridiculously lucky to be married to such a wonderful man who treats me so well and loves me so much.  Happy wedding anniversary to us! 


our temple





my husband spoils me with flowers and i love it





6 comments:

  1. I still have not met your husband!! You guys look so cute and happy :) double date yes??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes double date!! I need to meet your fiance too!

      Delete
  2. Wow was that a year ago? Time flies :) you both look so good! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Leigh! That was so fun that you were in town and got to come to our wedding! :)

      Delete
  3. I love that photo of you two in the restaurant and temple in back!

    ReplyDelete