Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hey Stephen

I finally got to meet my only brother-in-law!  Stephen came home from his mission in Zambia, Africa on Friday night.  We picked him up from the airport around 6:30pm, then came home and ate pizza and he showed us all the cool things he brought home from Africa!  He was released at 11pm that night.  It was a really neat experience being there with Dustin's family & the stake president, and hearing Stephen talk about his mission and bear his testimony about it.

Saturday we hung out with all the family that came up from California for the homecoming.  There were many Cataan games played haha.  The Harpers love Settlers of Cataan!

Sunday was the homecoming.  I ended up doing the musical number (the yw were supposed to sing, but backed out the day before).  I played a medley of three hymns:  I know that my redeemer lives, Our savior's love, and I believe in Christ.  Stephen gave a fantastic talk!  I loved hearing about his experiences in Africa and the people he met.  He bore a strong testimony of the gospel and the spirit was strong.  And at the end, he bore his testimony in this crazy African "click" language.  LEGIT!  After, everyone came over to the Harpers' house and we had homemade Cafe Rio!

It's been so fun getting to know Stephen!  I can definitely tell he is Dustin's brother.  They're similar in a lot of ways - the dark hair, big smile, charismatic sense of humor, and use of sarcasm.  But Stephen still talks like an African.  It was a fun-filled weekend and I'm looking forward to getting to know him better.









2 comments:

  1. so fun mel! i'm so happy we have blogs so we can keep in touch. i love hearing about your life! glad everything is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete