Wednesday, September 4, 2013

grandma's funeral

This post is way over-due but I was able to fly to San Diego for my grandma's funeral last month.  My grandma LOVED Hawaii - if she was just at home, you could always find her in a muumuu and my grandparents were even planning to go to Hawaii in July before everything happened with their health.  For the closing song, I played Aloha Oe (Farewell to Thee) on the harp while my two cousins sang and then the congregation joined in on the last chorus.  It was gorgeous and I luckily made it through without crying.  After, we had a luau!  The funeral was lovely and it was so nice spending some time with my dad's side of the family.

First we had to make a stop at one of our favorite places - the Oceanside pier.

missing dustin and shayna!

We had the graveside service first.


all of my dad's siblings and spouses

the program - check out her awesome beehive!

aloha oe grandma 



No comments:

Post a Comment