Monday, February 4, 2013

we love weekends

We LOVE weekends.  Especially this semester.  Dustin has some pretty intense business classes that require a lot of time and work, so there are some week days we don't see each other until late at night.  The weekends are our time to relax, spend time together, and have fun.  Highlights from last weekend:

We hung out with our good friends TJ & Emily.  We all grabbed dinner at Rubio's (best fish tacos), then the boys hung out at our apartment, while us girls went to the U's gymnastics meet.  The U has an awesome team, as usual, and beat Arizona.  After, we made brownies and watched a cheesy movie on Netflix - "From Prada to Nada."  

One of my harp students gave her Suzuki Book 2 recital.  In the Suzuki method, once you learn all of the pieces in a book, you get to do a recital where you play all the pieces from memory.  It is a huge accomplishment and I was so proud.  I'm still learning a lot as a teacher, but I absolutely love it and want to start teaching more.

My student gave me these gorgeous hydrangeas! 

Superbowl Sunday!  We were invited to a party hosted by some good friends of the Harper fam.  We watched it in their awesome new theater room.  Although we were all cheering for the 49er's, it was still an exciting game.  I made pretzel bites and Reese's Rice Krispie treats.  Both recipes were a hit and we didn't have much to bring home.  Gotta love pinterest. 



1 comment:

  1. Weekends are the best! I love you as a harp teacher. I bet your little ones look up to very much, so cute one of them got you flowers!!

    ReplyDelete