Tuesday, November 13, 2012

maggie

This past weekend, my family said goodbye to our Old English Sheepdog, Maggie.

I remember the first time we saw her at the pet store - she was a little fluff ball with one brown eye and one blue eye.  I cried when we didn't take her home right away.  I drew a picture of her and wrote a letter to my dad, saying I would love her and pick up her poo.

Maggie wasn't the smartest dog - we took her to obedience school when she was a puppy and she failed. She was too interested in all the other dogs to sit still.  She was kind of a spaz, always full of energy and happy.  One of my favorite memories is how she would run around the yard, and then scratch her back on the grass and kick her legs up in the air.

She was a part of our family for almost 15 years (which is realllllly old for a big dog).  I know she is having the time of her life in doggie heaven.  We miss you and love you Maggie!




1 comment: